Meadow Ridge Elementary
Math Challenge 2016-2017
How to Participate
1. Print out the current Math Challenge.
2. Neatly write your first and last name, grade, and teacher's name at the top of the printout.
3. Solve as many problems as you can. Try to correctly answer at least the minimum number required for your grade. Please ask for help if you need it, and then try to calculate the answers to questions yourself.
4. Submit your solutions by the due date (usually Thursdays by 3:20 p.m.) to Mrs. Miller's Math Challenge basket in the library, or give it to your teacher to put in Mrs. Miller's mailbox.
5. On the day of the next challenge's release, you can check online to see how many of your answers were correct from a previous challenge! You don't have to do this, as Mrs. Miller and/or a parent volunteer will be checking and recording results, but if you want to you can. (There is a gap between the due date and answer key being posted, so if you want to check your own, you might want to write down your answers on a separate paper to keep for yourself.)
We will keep track of your submissions, and students who submit enough correct answers each month will be given a P.A.W.S. slip. We will also recognize students who successfully complete at least 12 sets of challenge questions in an assembly toward the end of the year.
This program is completely free and no sign-up is necessary. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org