AZEVADA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Contact persons for MC Program: Katie Chin AzevadaMathClub@gmail.com
Math Challenge is a free math enrichment program for Azevada Elementary students.
How to Participate
- Download the Problem Sets here on this webpage, by clicking the blue “Current Math Challenge” button on this website.
- OPTION 1: To turn in your problems, go to the Azevada Math Challenge webpage on Azevada’s Math Club page. Find the week’s Google Quiz and submit your answers. https://www.azevadapta.org/clubs/mathclub/math-in-action
- OPTION 2: Fill out the form to receive the log-in information for the Azevada Math Challenge Google Classroom. (You won’t be able to use a kids’ school address – an adult address will be needed.)
- Reminders for problem set availability and deadlines will be handled through Google Classroom.
- Answers will be turned in via a Quiz Form posted in the Classroom.
- After the solution set has been released, a post will be created in the Google classroom to celebrate the kids work. Please ask your child if they would like to share how they solved their favorite problem. Additional positive shout-outs to kids (attempted above-level problems, finished the whole set, etc.) will be posted in the classroom.
- Students who participate in 10/15 challenges this year will receive an Azevada Math Challenge magnet.
- Raffle Tickets
- Students earn a raffle ticket for every week they participate.
- They may earn an additional ticket each week by sharing their work in the Google Classroom
- A raffle will be held at the end of the year for age-appropriate logic/math games.
Volunteers needed to help with Azevada’s Math Challenge program! Please contact AzevadaMathClub@gmail.com if you are interested in helping set up the reminders/notifications in Google Classroom, generating the biweekly submission quiz, managing a week of the student work postings, keeping track of the raffle tickets earned per kid, or coming up with ideas to build community. Your help is greatly appreciated!