- Math Challenge is a new math enrichment opportunity for Randall Elementary students. It promotes critical thinking, encourages love for math, and provides bonding time for children and parents/guardians over math.
- This program is completely free and no sign-up is required.
- All grades K through 6 are encouraged to participate
- A total of 15 math challenges will be published throughout the school year (every other week).
- At this time, the challenges are only published in English. You can use online tools to translate or ask a friend or family member.
- Each challenge is designed to give students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills.
- Through the challenges, the program addresses problem solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
- This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems. We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving them.
How to Participate
- Download and print out the current Math Challenge (from the blue button above).
- Solve as many problems as you can.
- Parents/guardians check solution (posted on day of next challenge) and grade their own children.
- Contact the PTA if you would be interested in having a recognition program for participants.