American School of The Hague
Wassenaar, South Holland
Contact person for MC Program: Serene Ottes (email@example.com)
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary!
- All students in grades 3-6 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
- Each challenge is designed to give students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills. This program addresses problem solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems! We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving them.
How to Participate
- Download and print out the current Math Challenge (from the blue button above).
- Solve as many problems as you can.
- Submit your solutions by the listed due date. Submit your solutions to your math teacher or by dropping of the completed challenge in the Math Challenge tray in room 2.15.
- MS winners for each challenge will be announced in the Middle School Student News Flash. ES participants are recognized on the bulletin board outside room 2.15.
- We will also give recognition at the end of the school year to all ES and MS students who complete at least 12 sets of challenges.