- Math Challenge Program is designed to give elementary students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills.
- The program is completely free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students K to Grade 5 are encouraged to participate.
How to Participate
- There will be 15 sets of challenges released every other week starting in late September and ending in May.
- Both paper and online submissions are accepted.
Online link to submit math challenge before the deadline: https://forms.gle/UQRZpTFGicMc51N2A (Please note that this link remains the same for the whole year). The forms are updated when a new math challenge is published.
For submitting by paper, submit your completed math challenge worksheet to your class teacher.
- Current math challenge: Click on the current math challenge button on top of the page and use the schedule below to figure out the current math challenge. It is also published in the newsletter.
For your convenience:
- Link to online Google calendar that you can subscribe to: CALENDAR
- Link to downloadable ics file with the above information: DOWNLOADABLE ICS FILE
- Students are encouraged to attempt as many questions as possible beyond the minimum questions required for your grade. They are also encouraged to get the help of parents and siblings to solve these math challenge questions.
- Get problem solving strategies here https://www.mathinaction.org/problem-solving-strategies.html.
Students who complete 12 or more math challenges and submit their answers by paper or online before the deadline will be given a prize at the end of the year.
Lucky winners for each math challenge will be announced in the bobcat bulletin.
Please contact math challenge program chairs Poornima Shankar / Masumi Kayani at email@example.com for questions.