Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary
Math Challenge 2022-2023
Chairperson: Madhuritha Sayana and Ye Su at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math Challenge is a free math enrichment program for all Blackwell Elementary students.
- The Math Challenge Program is designed to give elementary students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills.
- The challenges will be covering problem solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check etc.
- There will be 15 sets of challenges released every other week starting in late September and ending in May.
- Each set presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of difficulty which enables students from various grades to participate.
- All students K to Grade 5 are encouraged to participate
- The Blackwell Elementary PTSA Newsletter will announce when the next Math Challenge is available and the due dates for the answers.
- Students who complete 12 challenges or more will be recognized at the end of the school year 2022-2023.
How to Participate
- Parents can find updates about the Math Challenge program from the school's newsletter The Blackwell Beat.
- Find the current Math Challenge at the blue button above.
- SOLVE at least the minimum number of questions required for your grade.
- Students are encouraged to get help from parents, siblings, and friends, and solve as many questions as possible and submit it online.
- SUBMIT your answers via google forms, online only submissions, to be completed within the week.
- Here is the link to the Google form:https://forms.gle/Aer3dHc2FeAZZ4HF9 for Math Challenge.
- Submissions done after 3:00 p.m. on challenge release date and before 3:00 p.m. on due date for that challenge will be considered.
Opportunity to compete and earn medals! Our school's 3-digit code is 347.