Elizabeth Blackwell Elementary
- Math Challenge is a free math enrichment program for all Blackwell Elementary students.
- The Math Challenge Program is designed to give elementary students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills.
- The challenges will be covering problem solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check etc.
- There will be 15 sets of challenges released every other week starting in late September and ending in May.
- Each set presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of difficulty which enables students from various grades to participate.
- All students K to Grade 5 are encouraged to participate.
- The Blackwell Elementary PTSA Newsletter and The Blackwell Beat will announce when the next Math Challenge is available and the due dates for the answers which can also be found below.
- After every five challenges students will be rewarded for their participation, persistence, and premium completion of challenges.
- Usually rewards can be expected, before Christmas, before spring break and before end of fiscal year.
How to Participate
- Parents can find updates about the Math Challenge program from the school's newsletter The Blackwell Elementary PTSA Newsletter and The Blackwell Beat.
- Find the current Math Challenge at the blue button above.
- SOLVE at least the minimum number of questions required for your grade.
- Students are encouraged to get help from parents, siblings, and friends, and solve as many questions as possible and submit it online.
- SUBMIT your answers via google forms, online only submissions, to be completed within the week.
- Here is the link to the Google form: https://forms.gle/Aer3dHc2FeAZZ4HF9 for Math Challenge.
- Submissions done after 3:00 p.m. on challenge release date and before 3:00 p.m. on due date for that challenge will be considered.
Opportunity to compete and earn medals! Our school's 3-digit code is 347.