Math Challenge is a free math enrichment opportunity for all Fernwood students.
How to Participate
Calendar (coming soon)
All Students K to grade 5 are invited to participate at the Math Challenge program. Please submit your solutions by the due date to your teacher or drop your solution into the school office Math Challenge Dropbox.
1) Print out the current Math Challenge available on this page. Neatly write your name, grade and teacher at the top.
2) Solve as many problems as you can (please pay attention to the minimum number required for your grade). We encourage you to discuss strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings.
3) Submit your solutions by the due date to your teacher or drop your solution into the school office Math Challenge Dropbox.
4) Check online http://www.mathinaction.org/fernwood-elementary.html to see the answers – it will be available on the solution date.
5) All the Winners of the Math Challenge will be announced on Math Wall of Fame on Tuesday following the due date.
Students who complete 12 or more Challenges will be honored at the end-of-year Award ceremony in June 2020.
Let us know if you have any question.
Sonal and Mary