FRENCH CREEK ELEMENTARY
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students K to Grade 6 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
- This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems. We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving the problems.
How to Participate
- Access the current Math Challenge on this page. Print out the current Math Challenge (blue button above). We will not be accepting answers that are not written on the math challenge paper. Any student who is unable to print one at home may pick one up in the office.
- Print the current Math Challenge and write your name, grade, and classroom/math teacher's name on the top of it. Please pay attention to the calendar on this page for Challenge release dates to make sure you are completely the correct problems.
- Solve as many problems as you can. Be sure to pay attention to the minimum number of problems that are expected for your grade level. Remember you are allowed to ask for help (parents, siblings, teachers, etc.) on the problems, but please make sure you can explain how you solved the problem.
- If you need help with strategies for solving the problems, visit Problem Solving Strategies for more information.
- Submit your solutions to your homeroom teacher on or by the date they are due. Please make sure that your answers are clearly written.
- Once the solutions have been posted (click the blue button), you can check online to see the answers.
- Mrs. Rapp will keep track of your submissions. Recognition will be given throughout the year for those who regularly participate! Questions? Please contact Mrs. Rapp at firstname.lastname@example.org