- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All Grade 3 students at Howe-Manning are invited to participate.
- There will be 13 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- PRINT out the Math Challenge at home by clicking on the blue button above, staple the pages together and complete within the scheduled dates. Mrs. Harris will also have copies available for students to pick up in the Math Room at Howe-Manning (rm. 240).
- SOLVE the minimum number of problems required for Grade 3. You can solve in any order and skip around. Solve as many problems as you can and ask for help if you need it. We encourage you to discuss your strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings. The Math Challenge is supposed to be fun! Productive struggle is good, but stop before that struggle turns to frustration.
- SUBMIT the completed Math Challenge papers in the RED bin in Mrs. Harris’ classroom (Math Room) on, or before, the due date listed. Additionally, you could take a picture of the completed challenge and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every student that completes a challenge will have their name submitted into a drawing to win a small math prize.
- Completion of 10 or more Math Challenges will enable the student to receive a recognition certificate in June 2024.