Icahn Charter School 4
Math Challenge 2022-2023
Contact person for MC Program: Mrs. Laricchia, Math TA Lead Teacher, at email@example.com and Danie Lestin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Math Challenge Program is a free school-wide enrichment program for K – 6 elementary students consisting of a series of challenging puzzlers that will help strengthen math fundamentals, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students in grades K-6 are invited to participate.
- There will be a total of 15 math challenges throughout the school year. Each math challenge will be available every other week.
- Each math challenge presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of difficulty. Solve the minimum amount of required problems for your grade level. (You can solve more problems to challenge yourself).
- Refer to the Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
- This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems! We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving them.
How to Participate
- The Math Lead Teacher will print the current challenge paper from the math challenge link and distribute it to each classroom.
- Solve as many problems as you can. Be sure to pay attention to the minimum number required for your grade. Remember to ask for help if you need it! Parents and family members can help! We encourage the students to discuss their strategies and solutions with their parents and siblings.
- Return your solutions to your classroom teacher by the due date. The Math Lead Teacher will collect them from each classroom.
- Winners will be announced the following week.
- Students who submit at least 12 math challenges (and correctly answer enough questions on each challenge), will be eligible for recognition at the end of the school year.
- Please try your best and have fun!!!