Math in Action challenges all the kids beyond their daily math work. This is an action to push kids to their maximum potential and develop out of box thinking strategy and problem-solving skills.
- Math Challenge is free.
- All students from K to 5 grades are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
- Each challenge is designed to give students opportunities to sharpen their mathematical problem-solving skills.
- This program addresses problem solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
- It is totally ok to ask your family/friends/teachers for HELP to solve these problems. We want to make Math a family affair!
- This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems! We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving them.
How to Participate
- Download and print out the current Math Challenge (from the blue button below) OR check your TUESDAY folder for the current Math Challenge.
- Solve as many problems as you can.
- Submit your solutions by the listed due date.
- Submit your solutions to your math teacher or by dropping off the completed challenge sheets n the Math Challenge tray outside of the LIBRARY.
- Winners for each challenge will be announced in the Monthly Community Meeting and recognized on the bulletin board outside Coaches Way.
- Solutions will be posted the Friday after the due date for students to check their responses.
- Completion of at least 11 Math Challenges will enable the student to receive a recognition certificate in June 2024.
Any changes throughout the year will be posted in the school calendar.