Leadership Learning Academy
Ogden, Utah 84404
- Math Challenge is a free enrichment program open to all LLA students. It is designed to give our students opportunities to sharpen their problem-solving skills.
- All students K-6 are invited to participate
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year
- Each challenge presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of difficulty
How to Participate
- Each challenge will be released on a Friday. You will have about 2 weeks to complete the challenge.
- Ask your teacher for the challenge (they will have printed packets)
- If you need help with strategies visit https://www.mathinaction.org/problem-solving-strategies.html for more information.
- Turn the challenge into the Math Challenge Box outside of room 101
- Every student that completes a challenge will have their names submitted into a drawing to win a small prize
- A challenge will be counted as complete if
- Kinder/1st Grade: solve at least 3 problems
- 2nd/3rd Grade: solve at least 7 problems
- 4th-6th Grade: solve at least 12 problems
- Parents and siblings are encouraged to help with the challenges. This is a great opportunity for discussing and solving problems together.
- Completion of 12 Math Challenges will enable the student to receive a recognition certificate at the end of the year
- Have fun!