New Hanover - Upper Frederick Elementary
Contact person for MC Program: Brian Rohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- Print out the current Math Challenge (blue button above). We will not be accepting answers that are not written on the math challenge paper. Any student who is unable to print one at home may pick one up in the office.
- At the top of each paper, you will find the suggested number of problems to solve for each grade level. Students should try to solve at least that number of problems. We encourage you to work with your child to discuss strategies and solutions. These conversations are very helpful to their learning.
- Submit your solutions to your teacher by the due date. Work must be shown if it is appropriate. All work should be done on a separate sheet of paper and stapled to the math challenge worksheet. The final answer must be put on the math challenge worksheet in the box provided. Only answers found there will count towards the rewards. Papers will be returned to the students after being graded so they can check their solutions online.
- Students will receive one point for each correct answer which will lead to prizes throughout the year.