How to Participate
- Download "Current Math Challenge" using the button above.
- You can check solution from the previous challenges while you are there.
- Work out the solutions using pencil and paper and any problem-solving strategies that may help you such as using objects, working backwards, or acting the problem out.
- Solve the minimum amount of required problems for your grade level. You can solve more problems to challenge yourself.
- Persevere and don’t race through the problems. Revisit problems you get stuck on.
- Space out your work over many days.
- Submit your answers using this form.
- Encourage your child to download the Current Math Challenge from the Math in Action website.
- Scroll down to Parmenter Elementary School.
- Click the current math challenge.
- Can check solution from the previous challenges.
- Work with your student on the problems. Encourage them to persevere and do their best. Praise their effort.