PENN HILLS ELEMENTARY
Contact person for MC Program: Tracey Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students K to Grade 5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- Access the current Math Challenge on this page. Feel free to print out the problems on your own. If you need copies of the problems, please let me know. I will distribute the problems once they are posted.
- Print the current Math Challenge and write your name, grade, and classroom/math teacher's name on the top of it. Please pay attention to the calendar on this page for Challenge release dates to make sure you are completely the correct problems.
- Solve as many problems as you can. Be sure to pay attention to the minimum number of problems that are expected for your grade level. Remember you are allowed to ask for help (parents, siblings, teachers, etc.) on the problems, but please make sure you can explain how you solved the problem.
- If you need help with strategies for solving the problems, visit https://www.mathinaction.org/problem-solving-strategies.html for more information.
- Submit your solutions by 4 p.m. on the due date by placing the problems in the mailbox outside of Room 213 (Mrs. Johnson's mailbox) or submitting your answers by email to email@example.com. You can scan the pages or send photos of your work. Please make sure that your answers are clearly written.
- Once the solutions have been posted (click the blue button), you can check online to see the answers.
- Mrs. Johnson will keep track of your submissions. Recognition will be given throughout the year for those who regularly participate! Questions? Please contact Mrs. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.