Randall World Languages School
- Math Challenge is a free math enrichment opportunity for students at Randall World Languages School.
- It encourages love for math, promotes critical thinking, and provides bonding time for children and parents/guardians over math.
- All grades K through 6 are encouraged to participate.
- A total of 15 math challenges will be published throughout the school year (every other week).
- Challenges are published in English, and you can use online tools to translate or ask a friend or family member.
- Each challenge gives students opportunities to practice their mathematical problem-solving strategies such as draw a picture or model, make an organized list, look for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
- We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and working the problems.
- The Randall PTA provides prizes to students who participate in the Math Challenge this year.
- To be eligible for prizes, submitted Math Challenges must answer the minimum # of questions for the student’s grade level. We do not expect every answer to be correct, but effort to try solving the questions must be shown. For example, submitting answers with random numbers would not be eligible.
- Students who submit an eligible Math Challenge will receive 5 STAR tickets.
- Each subsequent Math Challenge submitted earns an extra STAR ticket. For example, the 2nd Math Challenge a student turns in gets 6 STAR tickets, the 3rd gets 7 STAR tickets, all the way up to 20 STAR tickets if they turn in all 15.
- In addition, every 3rd Math Challenge submitted earns a special prize in addition to the STAR tickets.
How to Participate
- Download and print out the current Math Challenge (from the blue button above).
- Solve as many problems as you can.
- Make sure you fill in your name, grade, and teacher.
- Submit the Math Challenge to the PTA mailbox in the office or take pictures of the pages and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solutions will be posted the day of the next challenge and parents/guardians can check and grade their child’s page.
- Prizes will be provided through the student’s teacher the week after the due date. Paper copies submitted to the PTA mailbox will also be returned.