ROSA PARKS ELEMENTARY
Math Challenge 2023-2024
Contact persons for MC Program at Rosa Parks:
Kate Kortokova (email@example.com)
Math Challenge is a set of fifteen challenges published approximately every two weeks and each set will present 10-18 problems ordered by level of difficulty.
The goal of Math Challenge is to enrich the school curriculum and to encourage different ways of problem solving. This is a fantastic opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems. We encourage parents and siblings to get involved in discussing and solving them.
Opportunity to compete and earn medals!
Our school's 3-digit code is 338.
How to Participate
- All students K to Grade 5 are invited to participate.
- Math Challenge is free, however you need to register through the PTSA website.
- Download/Open the pdf of the current Math Challenge available at blue button above.
- Print the challenge and make sure to write your name, grade, teacher and parent’s email.
- Refer to the MC schedule for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available.
- Students should complete minimum number of questions for their grade ((listed on every challenge – e.g., Kindergartners may only need to attempt a minimum 4 out of 15 questions)
- We encourage students to discuss strategies and solutions with their parents and siblings.
- Students will need to turn in their completed Math Challenges to their school teachers on or before the due date.
- Students who complete 12 or more challenges will receive an award at the end of the year.
- Please follow Puma Info for further updates on Math Challenge.