RUBY BRIDGES ELEMENTARY
Math Challenge program is an optional math enrichment program for Ruby Bridges Elementary students consisting of a series of challenging and interesting math problems. These math challenges cover problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture or model, making an organized list, looking for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check. Each challenge presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of difficulty which enables students from various grades to participate. Each challenge will indicate the minimum suggested number of problems to solve for each grade level. This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems!
- Math Challenge is free, and no sign-up is necessary.
- All students K to Grade 5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 12 challenges during the 2023-2024 school year beginning in November beginning with Math Challenge 4.
- Students who submit 10 challenges or more will be recognized at the end of the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- Obtain The Current Math Challenge (blue button above).
- Solve as many problems as you can (the challenge indicates the minimum number of problems to solve for your grade).
- We encourage you to discuss strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings and attempt as many questions as possible.
- Submit your solutions by the due date through this Google Form ONLY: https://forms.gle/stZk58AHWEPbPnjj6.
- Check the solutions that are available two days after the due date.
- All the best River Otters!!
Please email RubyBridgesPTSAMathChallenge@gmail.com if you have any questions!