- Math Challenge is free, and no sign-up is necessary.
- All students from K to Grade 5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 12 challenges throughout the school year.
- Please take a look at the Schedule Calendar on this webpage for dates when the challenges are due and when their solutions will be available.
- Each student completes the minimum number of problems by the due date.
How to Participate
- Students may pick up a current Math Challenge packet starting the day they are available from Mrs. Helmberger in the school office OR print out the Math Challenge from this website from home.
- You can place the completed Math Challenge papers in Mrs. Helmberger's mailbox in the school office on the due date listed.
- Solve as many as you can. Please pay attention to the minimum number of questions required for your grade. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it!
- Solutions will be available online as per schedule below.
- All students who make a valid attempt to participate in each round will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
What are the benefits of the Math Challenge Program?
The purpose of this program is to entice, engage, and challenge students to solve interesting math problems while, along the way, strengthening their math fundamentals, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and improving their confidence in math. Students can also involve their families to help and engage in a fun discussion to solve math problems.