The Innovation School
Contact person for MC Program: Kelsy Achtenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Schedule Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
Math Challenge is a free & optional math enrichment program for students. This is a great opportunity for families to be involved and enjoy math through fun and engaging math problems. We encourage parents and siblings to participate in discussing strategies and solutions with the student. There will be 15 sets of challenges published approximately every other week throughout the school year, and each set will present 10-18 problems ordered by level of difficulty.
- Copies of the Math Challenge will be available every other Monday in Ms. Kelsy’s classroom.
- You’ll have about 2 weeks to work on your challenge. Please pay attention to the minimum number of questions required for your grade.
- You can work with others, take it home to work with your family, or try it on your own.
- Place the completed Math Challenge papers in the designated Math Challenge Box in Ms. Kelsy’s room by the due date listed.
- Every student that completes a challenge will have their name submitted into a drawing to pick a prize.
- Completion of 12 Math Challenges will enable the student to receive a special recognition award in May of 2022.