WEMROCK BROOK SCHOOL
Contact person for MC Program: Ali Englander at firstname.lastname@example.org and Rebecca Seery at email@example.com.
Join our bi-monthly math challenges which cover problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture or model, making an organized list, looking for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
- Each challenge presents 10 to 18 problems.
- The first half of the problems are suitable for younger students (K to 3). The math problems will increase in level of difficulty as students go along.
- Depending on the challenge, students in grade K-1 are only required to submit solution of 3 -7 problems, students in grade 2-3 are only required to submit solution of 6-9 problems, and students in grade 4-5 are required to submit 8-14 problems.
- Each Math Challenge will indicate the minimum number of correct solutions for each level.
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students in grades 1-5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- Print or view the current challenge paper from this page. Click on the blue button "Current Math Challenge".
- Solve as many problems as you can and ask for help if you need it. We encourage you to discuss your strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings.
- Submit your solutions on the google form. Link: https://forms.gle/XRuB5BSDe2CyqSgaA
- You can submit 1 form per family.
- Winners will be announced the Monday following the due date.
- Students who submit at least 12 sets of completed challenges this school year will be recognized at the end of the school year.